Electrical System Technician
- - Carroll White REMC
- Monticello, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Benefit Eligible
Carroll White Rural Electric Membership Corporation (REMC) is a non-profit, member-owned, electric utility servicing members in nine counties from two facility locations. Carroll White REMC's mission is to provide members with superior energy and related services, meaningful contributions to our communities and a safe, productive environment for our employees.
As an Electric System Technician, you will provide reliable testing, calibration and maintenance of all types of meters and metering equipment.
You will be responsible for:
- Test, service, maintain, and calibrate all meters, instruments, transformers, and metering equipment.
- Accurately programs all Carroll White REMC meters.
- Sets and maintains single-phase metering equipment.
- Performs field testing of 200 Amps self-contained metering installations.
- Meet with members and works with them to help them understand energy usage and assist in identifying member side issues.
- Must enroll in and complete the HEATS Meter Technician Program through Hoosier Energy.
- Strong focus on safety: Working knowledge of the hazards that exist in the form of falls, electric shock, electric flash, falling objects, and traffic
- Competent in electricity: Knowledge of the Rural Utilities Service Specifications and Guidelines, substations, switching devices, transformer banks, sectionalizing, voltage and current management and maintenance. Adheres to bucket weight limits and participates in bucket truck rescue training.
- Analytical abilities: Able to gather relevant data using appropriate methodologies and analyze that data in such a manner that valid conclusions and insinuations can be drawn that assist in making important business decisions.
- High School diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2 years previous work experience in the utility industry is preferred.
- Valid Indiana Driver's License is required.
- Must maintain primary residence within the lesser of a) a ten (10) mile radius of the CWREMC Monticello facility or b) be able to report within 20 minutes of receiving an emergency call, under normal driving conditions, to the CWREMC Monticello facility.
DESIRED 7 COOPERATIVE PRINCIPAL COMMITMENTS:
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member's Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training, and Information
- Cooperative Among Cooperatives
- Concern For the Community
CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
At Carroll White REMC we have diverse employment opportunities such as information technology, accounting, marketing, engineering and operations, to name a few. You can feel good about what you do as our staff receives satisfaction knowing that their work makes a difference by directly improving people's lives.
Our company is big enough to allow you the opportunity to stay educated on the latest technology and training, yet small enough to maintain a personal connection with our employees. Carroll White REMC puts a lot of corporate energy into our employees' personal growth and skills development. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable assets, so we have developed a culture which takes care of our employees by offering an excellent benefit package and by providing opportunities for the future.