Distribution System Engineer
- - Carroll White REMC
- Monticello, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Benefit Eligible
Carroll White Rural Electric Membership Corporation (REMC) is a non-profit, member-owned, electric utility servicing members in nine counties from two facility locations. Carroll White REMC's mission is to provide members with superior energy and related services, meaningful contributions to our communities and a safe, productive environment for our employees.
As a Distribution System Engineer, you will assist the organization in providing adequate, reliable and safe electric services to new and existing cooperative members at the most economical cost.
You will be responsible for:
- Short-range planning of the electric power distribution system.
- Safe and adequate design, selection of materials and equipment, construction and inspection of overhead and underground distribution line facilities.
- Engineering, estimation of costs, and staking for the work resulting from customer service requests.
- Preparing routine and special studies and investigations including voltage levels, customer voltage and flicker complaints, phase balancing, capacitor and voltage regulator applications, economic sizing of conductors and transformers.
- Communicate to members concerning operating problems, rates, and other technically related areas.
- Recommending and implementing new or improved engineering standards, practices or methods.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills: Strong interpersonal communication skills to work closely with members, other employees and businesses on a regular basis.
- Strong analytical and judgement skills: Good decision-making and problem-solving abilities, including the ability to make judgments based on interpretation of information and when others' opinions may be in conflict.
- Planning and organizational skills: Ability to prioritize, organize and manage tasks and time effectively to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong financial skills: Good mathematical abilities, including the ability to analyze, interpret, process, and report on data
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required; degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Combination of utility work experience and education may be considered in lieu of education requirements.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience with an electric utility required.
- Familiarity with the NEC, NESC, IEEE, OSHA, NERC.
- Valid Indiana Driver's License is required.
DESIRED 7 COOPERATIVE PRINCIPAL COMMITMENTS:
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member's Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training, and Information
- Cooperative Among Cooperatives
- Concern For the Community
CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
At Carroll White REMC we have diverse employment opportunities such as information technology, accounting, marketing, engineering and operations, to name a few. You can feel good about what you do as our staff receives satisfaction knowing that their work makes a difference by directly improving people's lives.
Our company is big enough to allow you the opportunity to stay educated on the latest technology and training, yet small enough to maintain a personal connection with our employees. Carroll White REMC puts a lot of corporate energy into our employees' personal growth and skills development. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable assets, so we have developed a culture which takes care of our employees by offering an excellent benefit package and by providing opportunities for the future.